7.23.2010

Mariah Mundi and the Ghost Diamonds

Mariah Mundi and the Ghost Diamonds
319 pages


" 'It was murder.  I don't know how or why but I think I can prove it'  There is never a dull moment for Mariah Mundi living in the Prince Regent Hotel.  But catastrophe strikes when three eminent visitors spontaneously combust at a hotel party.  Just a freak of nature or a cleaverly plotted murder?  Mariah Mundi senses a conspiracy.  and when his best friend, Sacha, is kidnapped, he knows that he must find answers-urgently.  Who's the masked man seen prowling the streets?  And why is the richest man in the world so interested in the hotel?  Could the answer lie in the mythical Ghost Diamonds?"


summary from the back of Mariah Mundi and the Ghost Diamonds (Faber and Faber, 2009 paperback edition)


With this book, I found it a lot easier to read than the first one in the Mariah Mundi series.  The first one seemed to take forever to read, but I got through this one much more quickly.  In this book, Mariah is on his first case with the the Bureau of Antiquities.  It doesn't really do much  to advance the plot of the series, except for that it gives even more clues as to what might have happened to Mariah's parents.  There were a few loose ends which I hope will be tied up in the next book but I can't tell if the main action of the next book will revolve around Mariah's role in the Bureau or what happened to his parents.  Also, once you find out what happened to his parents, I don't know if the series could continue beyond that, so far there is only one other book (which I think is the last one).  I would say that the Mariah Mundi series is pretty average based on the first two books, I wouldn't read it again, but I did enjoy the books.  Rating: 3 stars


-mnm1309



See the review for Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box

No comments:

Post a Comment